Friday 13 July 2012

Getting Started - Getting Creative!



I believe that everyone needs a hobby.
Where that hobby will take you is anyone’s business!

I understand that not everyone wants to sell their work… but for those of you who do, this blog post is for you!

I am often met with the same excuse as to why someone will not take their creative makes further and start selling it to others.

The main reason is….. Lack of space to create.

Would it surprise you to learn that,  first business was started on a tea tray…. Literally!
My son was only small and my creative muse came out to play only on an evening. The wooden tea tray with handles, meant I could easily transport it back into it’s resting place and out of tiny hands once I was finished.

The tray also meant I could also work off my knee at night, while watching the telly and having a well deserved rest from standing up and running around after a toddler.

You do not need a huge studio to get started!

If you are not blessed with a small spare room or studio to work in, think about investing in a drawer unit or small cupboard that you could perhaps tuck away into the corner of a room.

You really don’t need a lot of space to create.

What you DO NEED is the desire to do so.
The hardest part is getting started!

What working solutions have you found 
to working creatively in the home? 



No comments: